- 16-Mar-2017 to 15-May-2017 (EST)
- General Labor
- St Clair Shores, MI, USA
- Part Time
Viviano Flower Shop is currently hiring for the position of part-time Handyman/Maintenance Technician.
Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays as needed, but the ideal candidate would be available from 8am to 2pm and 3-4 days per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited supervision, the part-time Handyman/Maintenance Technician performs a variety of semi-skilled work in the maintenance of the five Viviano Flower Shop facilities; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is illistrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hang pictures and bulletin boards, moves and sets up tables and chairs.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday. Viviano Flower Shop promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing.
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year building maintenance experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A valid Michigan driver's license is required.