- 14-Mar-2017 to 13-May-2017 (EST)
- St Clair Shores, MI, USA
- Part Time
Viviano Flower Shop is seeking part-time friendly, polite and outgoing people to assist our valued customers in our Retail Sales department.
Candidates for the position of Part-time Retail Sales Associate should share our family's commitment to prompt, courteous, and accommodating service to patrons and will be considered for this position based on his/her availability and prior retail experience.
Flexible availability between 8am and 7pm a must- including weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PART-TIME RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE:
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
- Enjoy connecting with customers and demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Work as a team player; handle multiple priorities and quickly learn new procedures.
- Greet customers on sales floor or over the phone, demonstrate knowledge of store products and services, and use this knowledge to inspire customers to make purchases.
- Obtain merchandise requested by customer or receive merchandise selected by customer.
- Work a flexible schedule, including morning, evening, weekend, and holiday as needed.
- Detail-oriented point of sale order entry (POS).
- Wrap merchandise for customers.
- Stock shelves, counters, tables and flower coolers with merchandise.
- Obtain merchandise from stock areas when merchandise is not on floor.
- Balance cash registers and cash drawers.
- Arrange stock on shelves or racks in sales area.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of retail area, retail coolers, and phone room.
- Mark prices on merchandise.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonable business-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Viviano Flower Shop reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and at least 6 months of retail experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Ability to work with specific computer software, typing and keyboard skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.